Kitchen Renovation Reveal and Sources

This post contains affiliate links, you can find my full disclosure statement here.

I am so excited to finally share our completed kitchen renovation! We managed to get everything finished in time for our big family Christmas and I’ve just taken my time taking photos and getting my notes organized.

Do you remember what our kitchen looked like before the One Room Challenge?

Kitchen Renovation - Before

And today? BAM!

Kitchen Renovation - After

Some people thought I was nuts when I talked about painting our upper and lower cabinets different colours but I am so happy with how they turned out. The colours complement our floor tiles & countertops perfectly.

Raising the cabinets to the ceiling has also been great – although none of us can actually reach the top shelves, I love having the open shelves below for things we always want on hand like tea, sugar and mixing bowls.

Kitchen Renovation

The decision to replace one of our cabinets with open shelves? SO HAPPY! I hated that stupid cabinet –  it was crammed in the corner and stuff just got lost it in it. The floating shelves give us a nice area to have some things on display and are a good home for favourite cookbooks.

And yes, this was a completely DIY project! Including our LED under shelf lighting and new light fixtures!

Kitchen Makeover - Kitchen Shelves

Can you spot which door we had to cut a 2” slice from?

Door Surgery

Nope, and I’m not telling 😉

Kitchen Renovation - Close up

My favourite part? Honestly, I’m not sure that I could choose. Maybe our new Moen MotionSense faucet that happens to perfectly match our light fixtures:

faucet

Or the pull out pantry unit next to the fridge?

pantry

I don’t think I can choose! Were we nuts to do a kitchen renovation for a One Room Challenge? Maybe. But all I know is after this I am never moving – or if I do, I’m bringing this kitchen with me!

Just one more before and after:

Kitchen Renovation - Fridge Area Before

fridge

Kitchen Renovation Source List

Counter: Kashmire White Granite

Backsplash Tile: Bliss Element in Sand

Shelf Brackets: Rubbermaid

Under shelf LED Strip Lighting: Lee Valley Tools

Pendant Lights: Kichler Hatteras Bay Collection (Large and Small)

Upper Cabinet Paint: Benjamin Moore Intense White

Lower Cabinet Paint: Benjamin Moore Day’s End

Paint Sprayer: Wagner Control Spray Double Duty

Pull out pantry unit: Lee Valley Tools

Breadbox: Jamie Oliver

Faucet: Moen Brantford

Floor Mat: Target  (Similar)

Kitchen Table: Antique (similar or similar)

Armchairs: Ikea BYHOLMA

Kitchen Makeover Reveal

Linked up to: DIY Like a Boss | The Before & After Party | The DIY Collective

20 Comments
Share Post
20 Comments
  • Wow, that looks so good! I love the idea of opening up some of my cabinets…buuuut I also hate dusting all the time haha :-p

March 9, 2016 at 11:11 am
  • I love this as we are preparing for kitchen renovation as we speak as well!

March 9, 2016 at 12:15 pm
  • I don’t know who would have thought painting the uppers and lowers a different colour is crazy? It’s very popular, and I agree, completely matches the rest of the colours in your kitchen!

March 10, 2016 at 12:02 pm
  • Your renovation turned out beautifully! I love the contrasting cabinet colors and your lighting choices are spot on! Thanks for sharing at The DIY Collective!

March 13, 2016 at 7:42 pm
  • Excellent idea to move the cabinets up and then install a shelf underneath. It really sets the kitchen off. I myself are looking to paint our kitchen cabinets/tile splash backs and counter tops. I hope it turns out as fabulous as your kitchen. Thank you for sharing and giving me inspiration and motivation. All the best.

March 16, 2016 at 3:16 pm
  • It looks gorgeous! I love the two-toned cabinets, such a great idea!

March 16, 2016 at 3:55 pm
  • Annette Wyper

Wow the renovation looks amazing

March 17, 2016 at 10:31 am
  • Shirley Porche

Beautiful renovation. I was thinking of a similar color combination for my kitchen redo and was wondering if you used semi-gloss or gloss paint on the cabinets. Also, is it latex or oil-base paint? How do you like using the paint sprayer?

March 17, 2016 at 11:30 am
  • Andrea Branki

I did the same thing 3 yrs ago, based off an article in Southern Living magazine. Have ‘t seen it done much since, but love the look and functionality. Raise cabs, install a running restaurant style open shelf underneath, enjoy beautiful dishes displayed and ease of self-serve kitchen for visitors.

March 17, 2016 at 1:44 pm
  • Jackie

Beautiful job! Where did you find the hardware for the floating shelves?

March 19, 2016 at 12:13 pm
  • Alexis

First time visiting (from Thrifty Decor Chick) and I’m struck by how similar your kitchen is to my newly renovated one. We even had many of the same inspiration kitchen pics. So… great choice and great taste 🙂
    Although I must say, ours has taken closer to six months than six weeks and it’s still not done (amazing how much longer all those finishing touches take when one begins to run out of steam…) so well done you for getting it done so quickly!

April 4, 2016 at 12:30 pm