I think someone slipped something into my tea the day I decided hacking our old bathroom vanity was a good idea. This project has taken WAY longer than I expected – why? This drawer:
I know, it doesn’t look like much, but man that thing kicked my butt.
Building the actual drawer was fine, but getting the drawer slides all lined up and level inside the cabinet took me two hours.
There was a lot of swearing going on up in here on Monday. Thank goodness for awesome friends on Instagram who suggested I make jig – installing drawer number two was way faster!
I made mine out of scrap wood using this video as a guide.
Once both drawers were in I cut some plywood for shelves and attached them inside the cabinet using pocket screws.
Unfortunately I’ve had to make a change from my original plan. Once I did all my measuring I realized the centre drawers were not going to work.
Long story short, the existing plumbing is annoying so I’m going to skip the drawers and keep it as a regular cupboard (but with some organizers or something).
I’m planning to get new doors finished by Friday and then the whole thing will be ready to paint this amazing teal colour from Behr, called Tsunami:
So, the vanity is in progress and that’s pretty much it. Hopefully this weekend I’ll be able to start the shiplap!
Thanks for following along with my progress – don’t forget to check out all the other amazing projects taking place as part of this fall’s One Room Challenge over at Calling it Home!